The Cooperative has no profit aim; its goal is the pursuit of the general interest of the community, human promotion and the social integration of citizens.
The Cooperative is inspired by the bases of cooperative movement basis: mutuality, solidarity, democracy, commitment; and furthermore, the balance of responsibilities with respect to roles, the community spirit, the link with the territory, a balanced relationship with the state and public institutions.
The Cooperative meets its social goals through the management of health and educational services oriented primarily, but not exclusively, to the needs of people with problems of addiction.
In relation to this, the Cooperative can manage permanently or temporarily, either on its own or on behalf of third parties: socio-educational or assistance services but also productive activities only with a therapeutic and educational value.
All Bessimo Cooperative activities depend on our Ethical Code edited and shared by all associates. Its main principles are: transparency, clarity, honesty, fairness and impartiality.
According to our last Balance Sheet, the staff who provided services during the year 2016 consisted of 222 people: 54 males (24%) and 168 females 76%), volunteers excluded.
Bessimo Social Cooperative Staff Members are all selected through interviews and aptitude tests followed by a permanent training path. All employees are supervised on a quarterly basis.
We also avail of the help of many professional consultant as Physicians, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Cultural Mediators, Health Care Assistants and Lawyers.
Last but not least, we would not be able to operate without the help of our volunteers.
Bessimo Social Cooperative has owned a UNI EN ISO 9001 EA 38F Quality Control Certification since 2008. We have been Validated by Regione Lombardia as a managing organization for addiction rehabilitation programmes.
As well as a Validated Organization, Bessimo Social Cooperative follows Regional and National Addiction Guidelines provided by the Social Health National System.
We recognize Addiction as a Chronic Relapsing Disease, whose main symptoms are Tolerance, Abstinence and Craving.
In order to reach our goal against addiction, we follow the 1994 European Pillars strategies:
- Fight Drug Trafficking
- Treatment and Rehabilitation
- Harm Reduction
Our Rehabilitation programmes are drug-free and offer a comprehensive range of services which seek to help the individual detoxification, recover, and build a new life for themselves in which they participate in society productively and on equal terms.
We sustain our aims through
- abstinence from substances/detoxification
- raising awareness
- motivational strategies
- educational, psychological and medical support
- relapse prevention strategies and reintegration into society.
People interested in a Rehabilitation Programme can access through the Social Health National System Services (NOA, SMI, SerD…).
Our Organization is an active member of
- “Confcooperatives” (CONFCOPERATIVE – http://www.confcooperative.it/ )
- “Host-Communities National Coordination” (CNCA – cnca.it )
- “Accredited Organization Coordination in Lombardy” (CEAL – http://www.cealweb.org/ )
- “The Acrobats” Consortium (http://www.smigliacrobati.it/) which operates an outpatient service for people who suffer from problematic use/abuse in gambling, internet, psycho-active legal or illegal substances, in the province of Brescia.
- “Prison and Territory Association” (ASSOCIAZIONE CARCERE & TERRITORIO – http://www.act-bs.it/ )engaged in activities raising awareness of the issue of detention and in promoting alternative measures to prison detention.
- ASSOCIAZIONE CASELLO 11
- ASSOCOOP BRESCIA (www.brescia.confcooperative.it) •
- BANCA DI CREDITO COOPERATIVO DI BRESCIA (www.bccbrescia.it) •
- BANCA ETICA (www.bancaetica.com)
- G.M. Finance (www.cgmfinance.it)
- CONFCOOPERFIDI (www.lombardia.confcooperative.it/sites/confcooperfidi)
- CONSORZIO KOINON (www.koinon.coop)
- COOPERATIVA CHIZZOLETTA (coop. sociale)
- COOPERATIVA PROGETTO BESSIMO (www.progettobessimo.it)
- CONSORZIO SERVIZI DIPENDENZE – BERGAMO
- POWER ENERGIA Servizi Energetici
- COOPERATIVA BRESCIA.EST – (www.est.coop.it)
- S.B. IMMOBILIARE SOCIALE BRESCIA – (www.isbonlus.it)
- CONSORZIO SUL SERIO DI CREMA
- COOPERATIVA TERRA DI VALLECAMONICA
- PORTA APERTA SOC. COOP. SOCIALE ONLUS
- DETTO FATTO COOPERATIVA SOCIALE ONLUS
As a Social Cooperative, Bessimo is based on the democratic participation of its partners. Our partners’ meeting gathers at last twice a year and elects its Board of Directors (and President) every three years.